We often get questions about how to prevent bedbugs while you travel. We’ve put together a list of things you can do to reduce the risk of bringing bedbugs into your home after travelling.
Before You Travel:
- Bring clear plastic bags to put clothing in OR a large plastic bag to put your luggage in.
- Do not bring your own pillows or sheets into the hotel room.
During Your Trip:
- Inspect your room and do not bring you luggage into your room until the inspection is complete. Watch this video of how to properly inspect your room.
- Do not unpack your clothes and use the dresser drawers within the room.
- Do not put your luggage on the bed.
- Separate your luggage from the room. Place it on the luggage rack or inside the bath tub where bedbugs can’t crawl.
- Place all Worn clothing into a tightly sealed plastic bag.
When you Return:
- Before bringing your luggage back into your home inspect the suitcase for any signs of bedbugs.
- Wash and dry all clothes in the hottest setting. Do this immediately after travel. Do not place clothes in your laundry hamper.
- Vacuum your luggage and throw the bag directly into the outside garbage.
If you’ve found bedbugs or have noticed bites in the days or weeks after you return home contact your pest management professionals.
Get A Quote
Do you suspect that you have a pest or wildlife problem? Contact us for an in-home quote!