Greenshield Guard Plan
Your home offers a haven to pests. There is shelter, perfect breeding grounds, and ample food supplies. If a homeowner is unaware of the risks presented by the pests, an infestation can quickly overwhelm. The infestation can cause significant damage to the structure of the home and force you to replace food as well as other aesthetics ranging from plastics in your soffit and fascia to the textiles in your clothing.
Greensheild’s quarter century of experience is culminated in our guard plan. Our technicians have experience with every pest that can invade your property, whether it’s your home or cottage and we employ the most sophisticated technology to ensure a safe and humane process.
The primary pests that we deal with are:
When Greenshield addresses any pest infestation, we take our three step process; assess, plan, implement.
Step 1: Assess – We need to understand the current conditions for the infestation. We look at:
- points of entry
- exterior environmental conditions
- interior environmental conditions
- other points of retreat for an infestation
- conditions that may cause an infestation
Step 2: Plan – We will look at all the conditions of an infestation and formulate a plan that will suit your situation and budget.
Step 3: Implement and monitor – Once we deal with an infestation we need to determine if it needs further monitoring and work. Sometimes you can achieve your goals in your first attempt, while others require exclusion services to ensure the pests are unable to return to their previous locations.
Greenshield looks at the entire situation, taking care to identify elements that may have led to the infestation. We work with you to ensure you have a proactive plan to keep your facility pest free.
During the spring you are often starting to open your windows to air out the musty smells built during the winter. You need to be aware of the potential risks they may cause. Our technicians will fully discuss the guard plan with you so you can maximize the chance of success.
During the spring we will do the following:
- Apply treatment options to all entry points including windows, doorways, sewage pipes, walls, roof vents, soffits, and fascia.
- Treat the exterior of the property to ensure no pests can burrow through the ground at the foundation of your home or cottage.
- Place bait for ants and other pests at strategic points inside and outside the property.
- Treat any previously discovered harbourage locations where pests may use for breeding grounds or food sources.
As many pests typically live outside the home during the summer, our focus is less on the home itself and more on the exterior of the property. Often a family pet can track a pest such as fleas into the home. We will take this into consideration and if necessary will suggest a flea program with your vet.
During the summer we will:
- Establish deterrents such as wasp hives.
- Remove any hives or nests near the home or cottage.
- Establish a treatment protocol to sites to minimize insect reproduction.
- Apply specific baits to the exterior of the property to ensure no population is close to your home
As the pest population starts to cool, they will begin looking for shelter. The focus during this period should be on keeping the house or cottage sealed so no pests are allowed to enter.
During this time, our technicians will:
- Review all points of entry, sealing any that may offer entrance.
- Apply treatments to potential entrance points.
- Treat any exterior breeding grounds.
- Treat ground along exterior of the home or cottage.
During the winter many pests go dormant, however you must still remain vigilant as warmth within your home may offer overwinter temperatures for pests to remain active. While the focus of the plan is for those pests that become inactive, some pests such as flies may have localized populations flare-ups that much be eradicated.
During the winter, we will:
- Seal any interior facing entry points that pests may have used to gain access to the home.
- Treat any exit points to proactively attack pests as they leave the home in the spring.
- Treat attic spaces for any breeding our harbourage points.
- Place ant and cockroach bait traps a strategic points such as sinks and laundry rooms.
|Kingston & Area:||613-389-3999|
|Brockville & Area:||613-342-4554|
|Quinte & Area:||613-966-6665|
|Ottawa & Area:||1-877-838-7278|