Goose ControlGet Rid Of Your Goose Problem With The Help Of Trained Professionals
Because geese are a protected species, clients with geese may seek a professional bird control provider. Geese can be very destructive to a property, often arriving in large flocks and as the climate slowly changes, these pests are more often staying throughout the winter in addition to their typical migratory patterns. In the city, geese can be found in the city parks and beaches. Outside of the city limits, farms and country clubs offer large properties and watercourses that geese are partial to.
Geese are known to carry diseases in their droppings and can quickly destroy a property or contaminate a watercourse. Adult geese can be territorial and have been known to attack humans and pets. Their large wingspan makes them intimidating as they can buffet a bystander causing serious injury.
Inspection and Assessment
Greenshield bird technicians are well-trained, prepared, and understand bird behaviour and biology. During this step, our bird technician will gather information, including your observations, investigate the property to observe all bird activity, and search for the presence of nests.
- Our technicians provide a thorough inspection of your property.
- Once your problem has been accurately assessed, you will receive a description of steps required to solve your bird problem. The options presented during this step will establish a thorough process that can be monitored and adjusted if necessary.
Goose control methods we employ:
- Hazing trained canines and flock harassment – Trained herding dogs (border collies) are used up to three times per day, seven days a week as they can be trained to harass the flock without causing actual injury to the birds.
- Egg oiling program & depredation – Eggs are oiled with non-toxic mineral oil so as to cause hatch failure. Geese will relocate their nest and start again. This can be done while the geese are not moulted as it is cruel to push the birds when they are unable to fly away.
- Fencing and site modification – designed to interfere with flock mobility so they move to more accessible land. Land is reduced by landscaping or fencing so the flock cannot land and water courses are landscaped or have netting installed so the banks are impossible to traverse.
- Visual repellants – Decoys, lights, and other items used to scare or startle geese.
- Noise and pyrotechnics – Designed to annoy or startle a goose.
Do You Have A Problem With Pests Or Wildlife?
We’re not done until you’re satisfied. Every job that Greenshield completes is backed by our 100% guarantee.
Our 100% guarantee assures you the peace of mind in knowing that Greenshield will be there if issues arise in the future. We also offer extended warranties.
Get A Quote
Do you suspect that you have a pest or wildlife problem? Contact us for an in-home quote!