Summer Pest & Wildlife ControlKeep Your Home Safe From Pests & Wildlife All Year Long
Nothing ruins a picnic like a line of ants. Nothing ruins a barbecue like a swarm of mosquitoes. And nothing ruins a morning like spotting a spider, cockroach, or mouse somewhere in your house.
Canadians love summer and that goes for insects, rodents, birds, bats and more. Sharing your summer pleasures with unwanted pests is not a necessary inconvenience.
Pests That Are More Active In Summer
- Hornets/Wasps. Not to be mistaken with the bee hornets and wasps are natures most ornery and angry species. Adult hornets and wasps are killing machines, armed with both their stinger and strong jaws they are easily able to kill and harm many large insects. But that is not the worst, they can be just as dangerous to animals and humans.
- Spiders. In general, spiders are beneficial creatures, preying and feeding on flies, crickets, mites, and other household and yard pests. Most are completely harmless to humans. But when they get into your home, they can definitely be a nuisance. Not to mention their unsightly webs.
- Mosquitos. Whether sitting around the campfire, hiking the trails, swimming at the lake, or playing slo-pitch, the little mosquito is easily the most dependable — and irritating — aspect of summer
- Ticks. No one wants to think about ticks. They’re creepy, gross-looking, and spread diseases. And Spring, is exactly when you should start paying attention to them.
- Bed Bugs. For decades, the saying “Sleep tight, don’t let the Bed Bug s bite” was a fairly meaningless lights-out phrase for kids. But within the last few years, bed bugs have reappeared, causing sleepless nights for homeowners and hotel owners alike.
- Birds. As nesting season comes to a close and you think our feathered friends have flown the coop, a new crop of much larger fowl move in to test your aviary patience. Summer brings us the screams of seagulls and the cawing of crows and the unsightly deposits left behind by both them and the Canadian Goose.
- Chipmunks. Don’t let their undeniable cuteness fool you – chipmunks are very common nuisance pests that are responsible for causing many problems. Chipmunk infestations can potentially weaken foundations, porches, stairs, patios and more.
- Mice. A wily, curious creature, the house mouse is the most common of home-invading mice. One or two can go unnoticed but multiplying at a rate of 6-1 every 21 days they are sure not to be ignored for long.
- Rats. Charlie Brown said it best Rats! And so will you… Spring is breeding season time for these these intelligent rodents to search homes, sheds, garages and even vehicles to house their nurseries.
Do You Have A Problem With Pests Or Wildlife?
Summer Pest Control Tips
- Block Their Entry to Your Home. Your first line of defence is to make it difficult for pests to even find an entry to your home.
- Clean debris fallen from bird feeders.
- Get Rid of Standing Water.
- Maintain Your Yard.
- Place compost only in locked bins.
- Store Your Firewood Properly.
- Avoid storing garbage outside.
Get A Quote
Do you suspect that you have a pest or wildlife problem? Contact us for an in-home quote!