Industrial Weed Control
Greenshield Pest Control has the Ontario Integrated Pest Management Accreditation and our service technicians hold industrial vegetation licenses. The Greenshield Pest Control services team will work with you to choose the right control products and application methods that best suit your worksite and environmental considerations. A safe and healthy environment is regarded as utmost importance for you, your employees, contractors, subcontractors, clients and our workforce personnel.
Greenshield’s Integrated Vegetation Management Services are designed to provide the optimal management of your vegetation, whether it’s noxious weeds or invasive vegetation.
Through this process we will communicate to our staff any onsite hazards and identify corrective action plans. The supervisors will investigate all incident/accidents/near misses and provide required on-the-job training to new employees to ensure they are competent. Appropriate personal protective equipment is supplied and used by employees and we ensure the equipment is maintained to meet legislated safety standards.
Common vegetation problems occur at:
- Power line rights-of-way and electrical infrastructure as vegetation can come into contact with power lines or overgrowth precludes access for maintenance.
- Pipeline rights-of-way as weeds present a fire hazard, obscure aerial inspections, and prevent safe and easy maintenance to the pipeline.
- Industrial properties as part of a Health & Safety program for noxious weeds or for safe maintenance access and public safety for electrical infrastructure.
- Oil and gas facilities as noxious weeds contribute to a Health & Safety hazard, obscure visibility, complicate maintenance and inspections, and contribute to corrosion and wood decay.
- Railways as weeds contribute to fire hazards, cause water retention, accelerate decomposition of rail ties, obscure rail lines of sight, and complicate snow removal.
- Roadways and Guardrails as weeds obscure clear site-lines complicate snow removal, cause drainage issues and invite wildlife pests to congregate near traffic.
Solving Your Problem
Safely managing your noxious or invasive vegetation using our integrated vegetation management (IVM) approach is a three step process.
Inspection and Assessment
A thorough inspection of your property is required to determine the following:
- Long-term vegetation management objectives
Site Conditions (ex. Soil textures)
- Vegetation types already onsite
- Landowner and Public Concerns
- Current, future, and adjacent Land use
- Water Conditions
- Environmentally and Socially sensitive areas
- Wildlife Considerations
- Necessary reclamation
- Public Involvement
After the completion of the Inspection and Assessment Greenshield’s licensed, experienced technician will develop a comprehensive strategic plan to provide the correct services designed to provide optimal management of vegetation for your property.
Plan and Implement
Upon the completion of the Inspection and assessment, the knowledge and understanding are used to develop a plan for vegetation management needs on site, A short and long-term plan is implemented taking into considering the following items.
- Timing of the planting life cycle – depending on its life cycle, a weed may be ready to spread its seeds or put down roots to extend its life. You either don’t want to disturb a plant about to send out seedlings or you will require a method of containing them.
- Mechanical or physical control of invasive or noxious vegetation –
- You don’t want to come into contact with some weeds as they can leave significant burns on your skin.
- Chemical control of invasive or noxious vegetation – An acceptable method of control under current provincial legislation if provided by licensed and IPM certified technicians
- Weed and Brush Spraying – There are highly selective chemical treatments that can be used specifically for certain weeds or brush. This will allow for efficient use of funding and safe removal of harmful weeds without affecting beneficial plants.
- Cultural control of vegetation – By introducing competition into an environment, you can discourage undesirable plants. It is imperative to understand the nature of the new plant life so you don’t trade one invasive species for another.
- Monitoring – Many noxious weeds have long gestation periods and the seeds can lay dormant for decades. This means you need to establish a regular schedule for inspections for long term control.
- Ministry and IPM Reporting – Some weeds have to be documented and reported to certain government organizations. Greenshield can manage all documentation during the treatment season.
Analysis and Evaluation
One or all of the methods chosen while developing a planning and implementation strategy will be used to solve your problem and then evaluated against expected results. It is necessary to keep a long-term view of your plan as many plants have different characteristics during the season and different chemicals have various rules for residual containment. A schedule and documentation will be regularly kept.
Implement and Monitor
The services will be scheduled and maintained according to the agreed-upon procedures. Specifically chosen and implemented with all information gathered from the prior 3 steps. They will be monitored and corrected to achieve the best results. Paying careful attention to constantly changing factors in weather, seasons, and growth development adaptation.
Clients we currently serve:
- Military Bases
- Tank Farms
- Hydro Electric Dams
- Wind/Solar Farms
- Other Public Works
- Specialized Farming Sites
Get A Quote
Do you suspect that your business has a problem with pests or wildlife? Contact us for a quote!
Greenshield Pest Control is a family business that has been providing exceptional pest control services for more than 30 years.
We only employ licensed technicians and offer 24-7 emergency service!